It’s only just 3 hours before 2013. A lot of my blogger friends have already posted their new year’s resolutions or bucket list for next year. I don’t like to postpone this post so I’ll try to finish mine before the year ends. So here we go, goals for next year! ( I am calling this “goals” so that it’s more positive in the sense that I am not spilling my beans here.. hehe)
1. Finish my course work in graduate school. I have few units left to finish course work and I could possibly finish it within 2 terms. I’ll have another extra term as a buffer. After this year, I’ll plan to take the comprehensive exam and thesis. Aja!
2. Loving myself more. It’s not that I don’t love myself but what I mean is I have more effort to take care of myself. I have several sub-goals:
a. Sleeping Early. I’ve been sleeping late for the past month and I know it’s not a good habit. Haha! I’ll try to sleep early more often. I’ll sleep more hours next year! I love sleeping!
b. Hit the gym and play basketball or any sport often. I’ll try to enroll in a gym this year and have a regular night of basketball or any sport weekly. I’ll build more muscles and erase that bulging tummy.
c. I’ll spend more for my health like supplements, vitamins, etc.. Haha. I need to live long for my wife and children (future tense).
d. I’ll spend more for myself like clothing, gadgets etc. Haha! Not that I’ll be changing that mindset of being thrifty… I just give myself more rewards. I’ll enjoy life more and the fruits of my labor. I’ll always find the right balance.
e. Eat healthy and less soft drinks (Sundays only). I’ll also will abandon drinking alcoholic drink for a very good reason. 🙂
3. Write an article at least twice a month. I’ve said this before and failed again and again. Next year, I’ll really set a time every two weeks. I guess it wouldn’t be hard to write if you have an inspiration. 🙂
4. Participate in the family business and have my own business. I’ll actively participate in our family business and build my own this year. With the help of my dad, I had a small business this year but later on closed its operation for some reason. We’ll try again next time.
5. Being a day trader and regularly save and continue tithing. This year, because of schooling and other things, I did not save that much. The culprit is that I have no plan to save more. At the start of the year, I’ll have a concrete plan. I really do not plan to save a lot but just to have more savings compared this year.
I’ll try to apply what I’ve learned in school and be a day trader. Of course, I’ll have my strategy. Exciting! I’ll device a system to have more tithes for SFC. 🙂
6. Career. I’ll have big decisions regarding my career at the end of this year. It will be my fifth year as an employee. Time to move on and chase greater challenges? We’ll see. I should do a better job this year. I was not so happy with my 2012 performance although I received a recognition last 2nd quarter. Also, I’ll be at the office on time! More discipline and better attitude at work!
7. More Family time. I’ll spend more time with the family more this year. I’ll at least spend one weekend in Bulacan once per month.
8. Focused service. I’ll focus more on my responsibilities this year. I think I have to give up some events for family time or personal time. Let’s focus doing things great than doing a lot of thing just good enough. I’ll continue enriching my mind with His word, have a longer and more regular prayer time. Faith without action is dead.
9.One true love. I will find you and make more effort to know you. I am committed. See you soon! haha! (Of course, in God perfect time) Patience is a virtue.
10. Habit, systems and attitude. I’ll develop these aspects of my life! Maintain a more organize planner, alarm clock and calendar of events! I will smile more. 🙂
11. Out of the country vacation! 🙂
12. Learn to fire a gun! ( at the firing range of course!)
13. Learn table tennis 🙂
14. Learn to Surf!
15. Attend ICON and MMC!
16. Learn BASIC guitar lessons.
17. Learn singing and dancing ( at a good/decent level).
I think this is enough. Haha! I hope I could achieve all of this! Whew! i have a lot to achieve. I think it’s better to set high goals so that when I fail, I’ll fall in the roof. 🙂
Happy New Year! We are so much-loved.